Last week the annual ‘JEOL Postdoc Poster Competition’ took place at The University of York - Department of Chemistry
The standard of the entries was again very high, making the judges job very difficult.
The winners are…
- Aggie Lawer - "Selective fluorination: a tool to control peptides' conformation and biological activity"
- Peter Rayner - "Tunable Catalysts for Hyperpolarisation"
And the runners-up…
- Fergal Byrne - "2,2,5,5-Tetramethyloxolane (TMO): An Unusual Ether Which Can Replace Hazardous Hydrocarbon Solvents"
- Sandra Greive - "Probing the function of a thermostable viral portal protein using single molecule electrical sensing"
- Carmen Piras - "Spatial control of multicomponent self-assembled gels"
- Petr Slavík - "DBS-CONHNH2 Hydrogels with Embedded Catalytically-Active Metal Nanoparticles"
Thank you to everyone who entered and CONGRATULATIONS to the winners!