JEOL UK News
Press releases, announcements, awards, and news
We would like to welcome all EUROMAR 2021 delegates to join the JEOL events throughout the conference. You can still register for EUROMAR 2021 here.
On Tuesday 6th July, JEOL will be hosting a User Meeting with special guest speakers Professor Ulla Gro Nielsen from the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and Professor Martin Dračínský from the Czech Academy of Sciences.
Click here for the full schedule of JEOL Events.
See you there!
JEOL Live Demo Shows at mmc2021 - BOOK NOW!
Click here for more information.
Taking place for the first time virtually! mmc2021 will encompass an international scientific virtual conference (6 - 8 July) of six parallel streams, covering an enormous range of microscopy, cytometry and imaging topics. (The conference sessions will be recorded and available after their live scheduled time for those who registered for mmc2021. The recordings will be made available to view for a few weeks after mmc2021).
A huge FREE to ATTEND virtual exhibition (6 - 8 July) with companies both large and small showcasing their latest equipment and available to answer your questions
Virtual meetings & workshops covering the latest emerging topics (5 - 9 July)
Join the JEOL Commercial Workshops:
Tuesday 6 July at 12:45 – 13:15 BST
Presented by Andy Yarwood
Wednesday 7 July at 10:00 – 10:30 BST
‘Interface upgrades provide high-level control over JEOL TEM operation’
Presented by Bart Marzec
Wednesday 7 July at 12:15 – 12:45 BST
‘With open ARMs – JEOL Corrected Microscopy solutions for widening your capabilities’
Presented by Calum Dickinson
And don't forget to stop by our virtual exhibiton stand for information about our live demo shows.
See you there!
Missed our latest TEM and SEM webinar series? You can now catch up and watch them on-demand!
- 'Getting that Image - The TEM Column'
- 'More Than Just an Image - Dark Field and Diffraction'
- 'What's Gone Wrong - Common Issues on the TEM'
- 'Out in the Cold: CryoTEM'
- 'Discovering the Sparkle - Advanced Materials Techniques'
- 'Introduction to Scanning Electron Microscopy'
- 'Detectors and Optimisation of Images...looking at small things'
- 'Spectroscopy (EDS) in the SEM - how to find and identify impurities'
- 'Advanced imaging and spectroscopy and looking at tiny things'
- 'Addressing common sample issues'
Past JEOL webinar recordings are now available for you to watch on-demand.
Today was the unveiling of the new JEOL 600 MHz NMR facility at DMU.
There was an excellent line up of keynote speakers, presentations, and posters for the inauguration symposium.
Thank you to all of the staff at DMU for a great day.
Seminar on the 17th May to highlight current and emerging opportunities provided by electron microscopy in the life sciences and to celebrate the renovation and reequip of CUI at King’s College London.
Click here to view the full invitation and programme.
Last week the annual ‘JEOL Postdoc Poster Competition’ took place at The University of York - Department of Chemistry
The standard of the entries was again very high, making the judge's job very difficult.
The winners are…
- Aggie Lawer - "Selective fluorination: a tool to control peptides' conformation and biological activity"
- Peter Rayner - "Tunable Catalysts for Hyperpolarisation"
And the runners-up…
Fergal Byrne - "2,2,5,5-Tetramethyloxolane (TMO): An Unusual Ether Which Can Replace Hazardous Hydrocarbon Solvents"
Sandra Greive - "Probing the function of a thermostable viral portal protein using single-molecule electrical sensing"
- Petr Slavík - "DBS-CONHNH2 Hydrogels with Embedded Catalytically-Active Metal Nanoparticles"
- Carmen Piras - "Spatial control of multicomponent self-assembled gels
Thank you to everyone who entered and congratulations to the winners!